What is the good and bad parts of Plone?
- ZODB - Object Oriented Database
- Python - Can't be easier to program
- TAL/TALES - Excellent Templating
- CSS - Done right
- Flexibility - Unsurpassed
- Archetypes - Easy to make new objects
- ZODB - Waking up objects
- Debugging - Painful memory and performance hide-and-seek
- Vocabulary - Everything has a bloody new name!
- Monkey Patching that can't be fully uninstalled breaks the database or random parts
- LinguaFace is a case in point
Share on Facebook
- Learning Curve - The bad status of the documentation doesn't help
- Importing data is a bigger pain than defining data