Well, I started thinking about which movies have influenced me personally the most. I started with the intention of creating a top-five list, but couldn't limit me to five, so I added another seven as honorable mentions .
Here is my list (no ranking implied):
- Amélie or really Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)
- Feel good movie, with weird characters and numerous plots, without malice.
- Nikita (1990)
- I identify with the main person on a personal plane
- Trainspotting (1996)
- I so well recognize the environment and mindsets of the cast
- Breakfast Club (1985)
- Feel good movie, where I identify with the Bender and Alison, on an emotional plane
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)
- A movie about outwitting your opponents by thinking and getting revenge on eveyone
And here are my Special Mentions:
- Ferris Buehlers Day Off (1986)
- Typical Teen movie, on how cool you wish you were as a teenager
- Grosse Point Blank (1997)
- An absurd movie, where repressed feelings are at the forefront
- My Cousin Vinny (1992)
- Wonderful comedy, about bluffing your way forward and outwitting your competition against all odd.
- Taxi Driver (1976)
- One of the most emotional movies I know, where it is easy to understand Travis way to madness
- Cabaret (1972)
- Wonderful musical movie, with a sad message and back-drop, that makes you think "what-if"
- Sleepers (1996)
- Long-term revenge, without regrets and over class-boundaries, which I know a lot about
- Hair (1979)
- An upbeat musical, with a somber ending, that forces you to think
I have seen a lot more movies (some very good, some OK, and a lot of them very bad), but these are the most influential movies that have touched me the most on a personal plane.
Share on Facebook